Spark Infrastructure is a privately owned company. It is owned Pika Bidco Pty Limited, which is an entity owned by funds and/or investment vehicles managed and/or advised by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and/or its affiliates, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board and Public Sector Pension Investment Board. Previously, Spark Infrastructure was a publicly owned company that was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Spark Infrastructure consists of Pika Holdco Pty Ltd, Pika Bidco Pty Ltd and Spark Infrastructure Trust and its consolidated entities.
The Spark Infrastructure Trust is a unit trust and is a registered managed investment scheme. Spark Infrastructure RE Limited is the responsible entity of the Spark Infrastructure Trust. Since 2011, Spark Infrastructure is internally managed and does not have any external management arrangements.
Spark Infrastructure's Investment Portfolio
Spark Infrastructure invests in regulated and unregulated utility infrastructure, including electricity and gas distribution and transmission and water and sewerage assets, with Australia being the primary investment region for consideration.
Spark Infrastructure focuses on assets which offer relatively low risk and stable cashflows.
Spark Infrastructure’s current investment portfolio comprises:
- a 49% interest in electricity distribution businesses CitiPower and Powercor, together known as Victoria Power Networks, in Victoria;
- a 49% interest in electricity distribution business SA Power Networks in South Australia;
- a 15.01% interest in electricity transmission business Transgrid in New South Wales; and
- a 100% interest in the Bomen Solar Farm in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales.
Spark Infrastructure's Share Registry
BoardRoom is Spark Infrastructure’s security registry. Their contact details are set out below:
- Tel: 1300 737 760 (within Australia)
- Tel: + 61 2 9290 9600 (outside Australia)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spark Infrastructure is committed to conducting its business consistent with the following goals and values:
- Enhancing Spark Infrastructure’s strong relationships with partners, and motivating them to continuously contribute to Spark Infrastructure’s improved performance for their own benefit and that of Spark Infrastructure
- Honesty and fairness
- Respecting the legitimate interests of the host communities of Spark Infrastructure’s investments
- Maintaining high standards of corporate governance
Yes. Spark Infrastructure is committed to the highest level of integrity and ethical standards in all business practices. Spark Infrastructure’s Code of Conduct outlines how Spark Infrastructure expects its representatives to behave and conduct business. It includes legal compliance and guidelines on appropriate ethical standards.